Microsoft Netmeeting and MSN Messenger

Status
Not open for further replies.

zandor435

Solid State Member
I am looking for a software that I can use to do presentations on my laptop and display over the internet to clients at another physical location. I know WebEx will do this, but before I spend the money I have been trying to get Microsoft Netmeeting to work.

I have Netmeeting working on my local network b/t two computers, but I can't seem to get it to work over the internet.

My understanding of Netmeeting is that both parties need to be logged on to some type of server before a connection can be established b/t the parties. I read that Microsoft used to use ILS servers to establish this connection but now they use MSN Messenger and Windows Messenger.

I have had no success in using either of the messenger services above to start a connection for Netmeeting. All of the Microsoft websites i have read say that all i simply need to do is download one of these messengers and then click on the "START NETMEETING" button. The problem is, none of the versions of MSN Mess. or Windows Mess. that I have downloaded and installed have had such a button.

I need:

1.) suggestion of different software to use.

or

2.) a website that might be able to solve my Netmeeting "start a connection" issue

Thanks in advance for any help.

Zach

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom