Microsoft.net.Framework.version 1.1

Status
Not open for further replies.

D.Arbib

In Runtime
Recently had installed the update from Microsoft update site of .net.Framework,version 1.1

This had the immediate effect of requiring me, the user, to enter my name during the booting up procedure. This is annoying and I can find no way of stopping this.

Can someone please tell me how to do this. Incidentally I Have tried FreshUI (Fresh Devices) to try to force auto startup, but this fails to work.

System is XPpro + SP2

Do you wish to login to Windows under the same user everytime you boot?
If so, just go into the registry and add a string value under HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE..SOFTWARE..MICROSOFT..WINDOWS NT..CURRENTVERSION..WINLOGON for AutoAdminLogon and set it = 1
Also, under the same registry folder, add string values for "DefaultUserName" and make it equal to whatever your username is.....and then "DefaultPassword" and make that equal to whatever your password is for the user account.

Or you could remove the new account the .Net installed on your system and have a blank password.

Mikesgroovin. There is no Auto Admin Logon in either Windows NT or plain Windows. I have also searched the registry for "Autoadminlogon" and found nothing. But I did find an entry for "WinLogon" in H_KEY_Current user\software\WindowsNT\Current Version\WinLogon which has 4 entries, viz. Default Not set
Build No 0x00000a28 (2600)
Exclude Profile Dirs Local Setting: Temp Internet,Files History
ParseAutoExec 1

Slvrstang. How please?

Just to add. There is an entry to force autologon and I could, of course, delete my name and password in the same place. But I need hand-holding.

Start>Settings>Control panel>user accounts>the new account created by .NET

There will be an option somewhere to delete this user.

Also make sure the Guest account is OFF and you have a BLANK password(your password can be modified through this same control panel). If you wish to have a password and still auto-login, i have no idea how to do that. For my way to work you must have 1 account with NO password and the guest account OFF.

Aha! What you didn't tell me is that on the Microsoft site (not on their normal updater) there is an SP1 (around 5 Mb) update for Microsoft Net.Framework.version 1.1.

Having traced it down and installed it, as if by magic, my problem vanished into oblivion. Can any of you explain why?

Are you saying you didn't have SP1 this whole time? or that there was just an update in the .NET framework?

Well yes, I pre-supposed that downloading from the normal XP updater would be sufficient. It took a bit of searching to establish there was an update to an update, Indeed even a Microsoft engineer has just reported to me that he was unaware of the SP1 update, but then checked and found that the update was largely due to XP SP2. Nobody even asked if I had installed SP1 for NET.Framework Version 1.1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom