Microsoft Management Console

Status
Not open for further replies.

alecjahn

Daemon Poster
Ok this is one retarded thing thats always been happening

I have a copy of XP Pro on this one computer, and everytime i try to open a utility that has anything to do with the "Microsoft Management Console", (Microsoft's Defrag, Device Manager, and many others) i get a simple error message that states

Failed to Create Empty Document

Well Microsoft says: This but it doesnt help at all. Doesnt do anything at all...

Anyone know what the problem might be?

Could it have something to do with it being the original release of XP?

Since we have dial-up internet, I have never installed that many of the HotFixes or the Service Pack, so could this maybe fix it? I looked through the microsoft downloadables and couldnt find anthing that seemed to point to it directly...

When i got to a friends house for a LAN party, i think ill bring the box along and just let it mooch of his Highspeed internet, downlaoding updates. maybe that will fix the problem

I used to have this same exact copy of windows on another machine a long time ago, but retired it since it had this same problem

MY OTHER PROBLEM!

I downloaded "bootvis" (from majorgeeks, since MS doesnt have it anymore) and i tried to run it on this XP machine and i get this error:
----------------------- --( vVv one word vVv )
"Procedure entry point winiopentracewithcursor could not be located in the dynamic lybrary advapi32.dll"

Any ideas?

thanks!

UPDATE:

I recently found out, that the version of bootvis i had wont work unless you have sp1... dumb me :) i downloaded the old one just now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom