Microsoft Halo, but i deleted it?

Status
Not open for further replies.

alexsabree

Fully Optimized
I have a 80gb harddrive and winxp home

I deleted some programs, and they still show up on my Add Remove Programs list (mostly games)

Is there something i can do to get rid of them?
Are they calculated when showing the free space?
Is there a program that can fix this problem?

How did you go about deleting them? Did you just remove them by deleting the folders? If so that doesnt fully make them gone. There is still Registry keys and such that are still on the PC.

Try seeing what happens if you remove them thru the add remove programs list.

trying clicking on them to remove again sometimes windows will say it cannot find the specified file it has already been removed and remove it form the list itsself

sometimes even if you use the programs uninstaller it wont take them off the Add/Remove list. just click remove on the list. if your lucky it will say something like

"this program does not appear to be installed on this computer, would you like to remove it from the Add/Remove list?"

then hit yes.
Also, you can get regcleaner and have it take care of the reg keys after you uninstall:

http://www.ccleaner.com/

ahh... so thats wat the regcleaner is for?

Im not sure if i jus deleted it or wat, but i had this prob. when one of my drives just mysteriously stoped working and everything got screwed up (it was my secondary drive)

But ill try and c if the regcleaner fixes anything

and i got rid of most of the other programs by doing wat u said toxic, but sometimes it doesnt work :(

Yes you are correct sometimes you can even use Regcleaner to get rid of them from the Add/Remove apps program.

But that isnt to fret. They will be on the list but they are not accounted for when the drive shows free space.

There is another work around for the removal of them from the add remove list. I will have to find it again.

Makaveli213 said:

There is another work around for the removal of them from the add remove list. I will have to find it again.

Dont worry about it man, as long as it isnt accounted for cause i only have 7gb left on hard drive :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom