microsoft excel 2003

Status
Not open for further replies.

thaingsokheng

Baseband Member
hi friends!
in my office, i use microsoft office 2003. i work on an exel file. after finish i save and close it. when i double click on that file to open, it just appear microsoft excel with nothing event workbook. after that, in excel i click
file->open it appear data. every file excel on my computer is like this.
what i don't understand is why i can not open file excel by double clicking.
could you please tell why and solution of this problem please!

thanks!
sokheng.

Go into windows explorer. Click on Tools --> folder options
Go to the File Types tab
Scroll down and click on .xls

Click Advanced, then click reset to default.

From what you described it sounds like something changed the default behavior for opening .xls file types. This will set it back to the default.

hello!
thank you alot that tell me wat to do to solve this problem.
cheer!
heng

hi bla!
could you please help me to solve more problem about excel.
it is that when i open a file it takes so long time(about 8 to 15 minutes) to show me the data in that file.what cuase this and resolution please?
cheer bla!
heng

hello!
i use window Xp sp2
ram 256mb
cpu celeron
any required information glade to tell.
note:other pc use the same hadware and os but don't take as long time as that pc.
thank!
heng

You have very low specs, so there are a couple of reasons the start up could be slow on one and fast on another. You only have 256 MB of RAM, so that's not a lot. Do you have more things running in the background on the slow computer? If so, that eats up RAM and forces your computer to access the slower hard drive a lot more often.

Another possible reason for a slow start up is your tool bar. If you have seriously customized your tool bar, it can become extremely bloated. The normal size for a standard tool bar file is around 20 KB. I heard about someone who had their tool bar bloated to the size of 12.5 MB. 12.5 MB takes a lot longer to load than 20 KB, especially on a computer like yours. If you don't mind losing all of your customizations for the chance of speeding up your start up, you can do a search on your computer for the file named excel.xlb. You might want to search for excel*.xlb. When you find it, delete that/those file(s). Excel will regenerate a new default toolbar file for you. You will lose your tool bar customizations, but it possibly might speed things up for you. If you want, you can back up the files first.

How big is the excel file?
Yeah, that's another big one that I meant to mention. You may be opening a huge file on this computer, while the other computer quickly opened a small file. Excel files with a lot of data take a while to open.

hello!
That two computers open the same excel file(that file located on file server)
and access to the file directly from the server.Size is about 11-12MB. Both pc use symantec client antivirus.now i dont know what should i tell you more,
so pls ask i am glade to tell.now i am going to check excel.xlb. Any
problems will post later.
thank you alot.
heng

hello all,

for excel 2003 do you know the key word that refer to now?
because i want to set a cell which equal to now minus the starting date,
so we know the duration from starting date to now.
do me a help please!

thanks in advance,
heng

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom