Microsoft Antispyware Won - Page 2 - Techist - Tech Forum

Go Back   Techist - Tech Forum > Computer Software > Microsoft Windows and Software
Click Here to Login
Closed Thread

Old 08-04-2005, 09:57 PM   #11 (permalink)
Super Techie

mmm.. don't have that much memory, but i can only install three and test the top three choices.. though, i only have a combined of 1 gig on two computers :|

guess when i have time then

browse with: opera
Old 08-05-2005, 12:46 AM   #12 (permalink)
Wizard Techie

I must say Spysweeper is still better but I'm in no condition to run these tests have at it if you want.

Vista Discussion | 64 Bit Discussion |Microsoft Homepage | Yo Linux | Paul Thurrott | Fire Fox | Thunder Bird | Image Shack | Photo Bucket | Put File | Anti-Spyware | MS Anti-Spyware | Trillian | Anti-Virus | On Line Virus Scan
Old 08-05-2005, 08:49 AM   #13 (permalink)
Techie Beyond Description

Send a message via ICQ to Osiris Send a message via AIM to Osiris Send a message via MSN to Osiris Send a message via Yahoo to Osiris

Well just for you tyler, I will make screen shots of what each program finds and removes so you can see for yourself. I'll go for this weekend.
Old 08-05-2005, 09:17 AM   #14 (permalink)
Monster Techie

Send a message via AIM to Dark_Sniper* Send a message via Yahoo to Dark_Sniper*

nice so we can prove him wrong. Spysweeper to alot of people i know it doesn't work. And they only check e-mails, look for news in other towns. Basic things and SpySweeper does nothing when Spybot, Ad-ware and MS Anti-Spyware. Always finds something and cleans it up. SpySweeper to me is worthless. Dont forget them SceenShots .
Old 08-05-2005, 11:29 AM   #15 (permalink)
Master Techie

Nice work Warez.
I must say that since I have been in the position I currently hold, I have seen and tested too many of these programs to even compare them any more. We are currently getting ready to deploy PestPatrol on an enterprise solution cause we use the Etrust product already, so it's the cheapest for now. But I must say, I'm very impressed with the MS anti spyware product. It seems to be the only app to actually intelligently clean COM objects, which has always been one of the big problems (for me alteast) with more other scanners. I don't doubt that in a few more months, it will be the best (hands down) and then all the rest will start to fall by the wayside. Seems that is what always happens. I have been very happy with Spybot and Adaware, but only use MS now... Almost sad to admit it as it's adding fuel to the fire already...
Old 08-06-2005, 01:49 PM   #16 (permalink)
Master Techie

One time a long time ago back before I knew about spyware I used to go to those serial/crack sites for software, anyways I used to click yes on all those security boxes just to make them go away and I ended up having over 2000 spyware programs on my computer. It didn't even slow my computer down at all but one day my video card went all wierd and I took my computer into the repair shop. I got it back the next day and the guy said I had a bunch of spyware on the computer and he was surprised it would even boot up.
500GB WD 5000AAKX-001CA0
1.5 TB Seagate ST1500DM003
Zotac Geforce GTX 950 2GB GDDR5
Windows 10 Pro 64 bit
Old 08-06-2005, 01:50 PM   #17 (permalink)
Master Techie

ps: I was only in grade 7.
500GB WD 5000AAKX-001CA0
1.5 TB Seagate ST1500DM003
Zotac Geforce GTX 950 2GB GDDR5
Windows 10 Pro 64 bit
Old 08-09-2005, 02:53 PM   #18 (permalink)
Junior Techie

Quote:
Originally posted by Tyler1989
I must say Spysweeper is still better but I'm in no condition to run these tests have at it if you want.
If you are in no condition to run these tests, your opinion over which is better is worthless. I have conducted these test on my own, and have found the sames results as Warezmonster. I can't wait to see how the full version does. Since it is still in a Beta, the full version should be much better.
Dual Thermaltake Aquarius III
Dual Xeons 3.06 oc\'d to 3.38
2GB Kingston Hyper X
2 120gb HDD
geforce 5200 256
Dual Monitors
Dual DVD burners
Old 08-09-2005, 03:10 PM   #19 (permalink)
It's all just 1s and 0s

Send a message via MSN to office politics

http://www.techist.com/showthread.php?threadid=51167

"Looking deeper, you find that the similarity of the two programs is superficial:

The CounterSpy installation is larger: 64 MB compared to 14 MB for MS.

The files examined by CS are about 62,000 compared to 20,000 by MS.

The Registry locations examined are about 12,000 for CS and 8,500 for MS.

"Just thought people should know."
Old 08-09-2005, 03:25 PM   #20 (permalink)
Wizard Techie

Please you don't understand me. I too have tried my share of Products from the cheap and free ad-aware, spybot, MS OneCare, Spysweeper. In my experiance Spysweeper is much better at detecting than adaware and spybot and when you add in spysweepers ability to customize you have a great product. I find That MS OneCare is on par at the most with spysweeper but doesn't include the ability for great customization.

I am not in a position nor is anyone here to run these tests because in the end you will not get the same spyware, and it all comes down to your own personal opinion and word.

What we need to do to break personal opinion is to find out how many spyware the current definitions will detect. And the areas of protection it offers. I know for example spybot has very crappy real time protection making the program a bad choice.

Spysweeper currently has +100,000 definitions of spyware traces.

Vista Discussion | 64 Bit Discussion |Microsoft Homepage | Yo Linux | Paul Thurrott | Fire Fox | Thunder Bird | Image Shack | Photo Bucket | Put File | Anti-Spyware | MS Anti-Spyware | Trillian | Anti-Virus | On Line Virus Scan
Closed Thread