Microsoft Admits Vista Was a "Less Good Product"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good point, Baez. I was talking about how MS kept starting over, but you are correct in that they waited too long on Vista.

ehgit said:
I predict the next OS that M$ produces, after Seven, will probably have the same "less good" reputation that ME and Vista experienced.
Only if MS decides to play the start and stop game again. They learned that the public is not forgiving with Vista.

I am hoping MS comes out with a more modular OS eventually... basically Windows set up more like Linux (without the headaches).

He may be only 1 voice of the entire company, but sadly his opinion is still the common consensus that pretty much everybody has.

I gave it the benefit of the doubt. I didn't agree with Mac's commercials and tried to have an open mind about it. In fact if anything Mac's commercials encouraged me to use Vista more, simply because I thought that was very poor on the company to bash the way they did. I also use Vista on my dual boot machine just fine. If you have the power to push it, it runs fine. But I would love to see if there's a company or organization out there who has fully deployed Vista to all of their machines, because myself along with every other district and company I know of hasn't touched it yet. It's just not business friendly. They can play that card all they want, but it just didn't make the cut.

I have higher hopes for Windows 7, and I'm sure Microsoft has a truckload more confidence this time around too since it seems like they really buckled down on it.

Vista wasn't released to early. It was released too late.
In a way.
Microsoft did take too long to complete their OS.
However, even so, Vista wasn't really refined enough when it was released.
Windows 7 is basically a refined Vista, which fixes a lot of the major issues/complaints people had with it.

With SP2, Vista isn't nearly as buggy as it was when it released. Though subjectively, a lot of people still prefer the way XP works.

"However, even so, Vista wasn't really refined enough when it was released." (Apokalipse)
This is the context in which I meant "too early", I probably should have been more clear on that point; apologies all.

"However, even so, Vista wasn't really refined enough when it was released." (Apokalipse)
This is the context in which I meant "too early", I probably should have bee more clear on that point; apologies all.
Yes, you were both right. It was released too early. And it was released too late.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom