Mic Not working in vista. Any suggestions?

Status
Not open for further replies.

dustybob

Beta member
OK i have an ASUS P5NT deluxe mobo, i'm using the SoundMax integrated Digital HD audio driver, and running Vista ultimate 64 bit. No matter what i try i cant get the mic to work on my computer. I have tried uninstalling the driver and reinstalling. I know the mic itself works because it will work on my PC running windows XP. The mic worked on this comp for a long time then one day stopped working. If i did a system restore to a point where the mic was working it would work again for a few days then stop working. I have a front mic jack and a rear mic jack and it wont work on either port. I've tried rolling back the drivers as well as reinstalling them and neither works. The mic is set as the default device under recording devices. Any suggestions would be appreciated Thank you

I have used ventrilo, WOW, and the microphone setup in microsoft speech recognition to test if it is working.

I though I had the same problem at first too. My mic would work one day and then cut out again. I thought it was the Realtek drivers but it turned out to be a faulty wire on the mic.

Turn "What U Hear" on for your mic so you can hear what it picks up. Then try twisting and turning the wire in different ways and see if you hear static pops. Keep testing it with your voice at the same time.

I though I had the same problem at first too. My mic would work one day and then cut out again. I thought it was the Realtek drivers but it turned out to be a faulty wire on the mic.

Turn "What U Hear" on for your mic so you can hear what it picks up. Then try twisting and turning the wire in different ways and see if you hear static pops. Keep testing it with your voice at the same time.

I didn't know that feature was even there. Cool! Thanks

Well i have 3 different mics. All of which work fine on the comp running XP but wont work on the vista computer

Contact SoundMax and let them know their drivers are not working correctly. Then hope for the best and see if they resolve it in the next driver release. It's your only option now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom