Mic not working in Vista. Any help?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chad711

Daemon Poster
I decided to put this in OS forum instead of Audio since in fact the mic does work just fine in XP. So it's more a OS issue.

I've read many topics all over the net about making sure the record levels are all the way up, making sure the correct source is set to default etc etc. However I just can't seem to get the mic to work. I test it with teamspeak and skype but it will not work any more. I say 'anymore' because it was actually working at one point and then it decided to stop working. What happened to computers doing what you tell them to do? :D

Does any one have any idea what the issue is and how to fix it?

Vista 32
Sound Blaster Extreme Audio PCI Express version
Mic I am using is just the typical one that plugs into the back of the card.

I've tried to roll back the drivers, didn't work..unless I didn't roll back the right ones? I see two drivers for sound. I'm not at home right now but I think one is HD something and the other is Sound Blaster something.

Did you check the Vista Control Panel to make sure that it recognizes the Mic and everything?

Yes when i plug it in and unplugged it, it will state rather it is plugged in or not. However I am not sure if it states that under the "mic" option or another option? I will check when I get home.

thanks for the reply but I have done the obvious stuff already. I am hoping there is some one out there that had this issue and nailed down a real solution.

All solutions posted above so far are the defaults you find with a quick googling

here is what I have going...I know the microphone says not plugged in but there is a ALL IN ONE plug in on my soundblaster for mic an

EDIT: this forum is not letting me upload the file??? Says it is not valid and it is. It's a jpg image....????

anyway:

soundjpg.jpg

Yes the forum will not allow uploads of images. This is a known bug that has been pointed out time and time and time and time again. It is being looked at by the owner.

http://www.techist.com/forums/f4/new-forum-new-post-182528/

Have you tried a dedicated Mic port if the card has one? From what i see teh install doesnt detect it as a All In One Plug and gives you a error for the Mic.

I use 5.1 surround sound and the other ports are used by them. It has worked previously where it is plugged in. Wish I could fix this!

Try a different sound card. Or see if they have Beta drivers or better drivers for your card. Vista is not recognizing the AIO port. That is the only thing i can say. Almost every sound card i have had came with a Mic port and not a all in one.

I figured it out. That all-in-one jack for mic and headset has a setting in the volume control panel that you install with the sound card. You have to select either 'line in' or 'microphone'

I did that and it's working!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom