messed my pc up bad

Status
Not open for further replies.

cloud

In Runtime
ok here's the deal, i got my alienware a year ago, and they sent an alienware respawn kit with it, to restore my pc to factory settings, like new. it comes with 2 cd's a boot disk and an image disk, i have to restart my pc with the boot disk in it, then switch it for the image disk and run it. it is supposed to reset everything to new, well it messed up. it got to 75% and an error popped up saying the image file was corrupted, i needed to burn a new image. since it went all the way to 75% before this happened, it wiped my pc but didnt restore anything. i cant even boot up windows, it just goes to a black screen when i turn it on..that says "press alt ctrl del to restart". so i tried using my windows restore cd i have... doesnt do anything either, boots up, i press the button.. it says "detecting hardware configuration" then goes black and nothing happens.

called alienware customer support and all i get is a guy who cant speak english hardly, and he tells me to use my windows restore cd... even though i explained to him it doesnt work. any ideas?

Give M$ a call, and say that your boot CD doesn't work. They'll ask you for verification of your CD key, and then they'll most likely send you another CD.

Steve

i dont know for sure if this will work but get a win 98 bootable floppy and boot up into 98 using that disk. then format your partitions and then remove the floppy and now try the winxp bootable cd. also try the recovery console the xp cd gives when you boot from it. if you are able to load aleast win 98 on your system then you can simply upgrade to win xp!! good luck !! c ya!!

i got a copy of windows xp pro, figured i'd just use it, delete the partition, and fresh install xp pro, thing is... it does the same thing as when i try to use the windows recovery cd, Press any key to boot from cd.... detecting hardware settings... black screen forever... could this be a hardware issue?

ok i think i got it, i downloaded a linux partition utilty program type deal..... system rescue cd... then used that to delete the partition already on the drive, now it lets me run the xp pro cd....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom