merging

Status
Not open for further replies.

mick37

Beta member
I have on countless times tried to merge video files and on every attemp failed :( So i came and read on a forum and saw that DVtool was a good programme to use.......I have done what was said .and.....once again have failed to achieve a merge.......if anyone can tell me what to do i will be etrenalyy greatfull
Regards Michael

http://www.virtualdub.org/

What is VirtualDub?
VirtualDub is a video capture/processing utility for 32-bit Windows platforms (95/98/ME/NT4/2000/XP), licensed under the GNU General Public License (GPL). It lacks the editing power of a general-purpose editor such as Adobe Premiere, but is streamlined for fast linear operations over video. It has batch-processing capabilities for processing large numbers of files and can be extended with third-party video filters. VirtualDub is mainly geared toward processing AVI files, although it can read (not write) MPEG-1 and also handle sets of BMP images.

I basically started VirtualDub in college to do some quick capture-and-encoding that I wanted done; from there it's basically grown into a more general utility that can trim and clean up video before exporting to tape or processing with another program. I released it on the web and others found it useful, so I've been tinkering around with its code ever since. If you have the time, please download and enjoy.

How much system memory do you have ? video editing like that is a huge hit on system resources, ever get a memory error while doing this ?

AMD athlon(tm) xp2500+
aT/aT compatible
228,848 kb ram

no never get an error come up when trying to merge

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom