MemTEST

Status
Not open for further replies.

j3dimindtr1cks

In Runtime
Hey guys i am trying to run MemTest on my PC what has NO windows installed yet. A buddy on here told me it should run like Windows XP and boot from when i turn on the system but it doesnt. It tells my Invalid Boot Diskette Insert BOOT diskette in A:.........someone let me know what file(s) i need to burn on a cd to get this MemTest to run on my computer. I am have a BAD_POOL_CALLER and we think its the ram that is why i am getting this to check my ram

I have replied to your PM. Sorry i didnt explain it earlier. That was my bad, I will be on alter tonight at like 8-9 PM EST to help you out if you will be around.

Eric this was from a M$ site on this error:

Some info on the Error Message:

Stop 0xC2 or BAD_POOL_CALLER

The Stop 0xC2 message indicates that a kernel-mode process or driver incorrectly attempted to perform memory operations in the following ways:
By allocating a memory pool size of zero bytes.
By allocating a memory pool that does not exist.
By attempting to free a memory pool that is already free.
By allocating or freeing a memory pool at an IRQL that was too high.

This Stop message is typically due to a faulty driver or software.

Possible Resolutions:
A Stop 0xC2 messages might occur after installing a faulty device driver, system service, or firmware. If a Stop message lists a driver by name, disable, remove, or roll back the driver to correct the problem. If disabling or removing drivers resolves the issues, contact the manufacturer about a possible update. Using updated software is especially important for multimedia applications, antivirus scanners, DVD playback, and CD mastering tools.
A Stop 0xC2 messages might also be due to failing or defective hardware. If a Stop message points to a category of devices (such as disk controllers, for example), try removing or replacing the hardware to determine if it is causing the problem.
If you encounter a Stop 0xC2 message while upgrading to Windows XP, the problem might be due to an incompatible driver, system service, virus scanner, or backup. To avoid problems while upgrading, simplify your hardware configuration and remove all third-party device drivers and system services (including virus scanners) prior to running setup. After you have successfully installed Windows XP, contact the hardware manufacturer to obtain compatible updates.

So from what i read it is more along the lines of memory.;)

No as first i thought it was also. But after finding that article from the M$ site i was proven wrong myself. It happens to the best of us. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom