Memory Usage

Status
Not open for further replies.

Schecters

In Runtime
Lately, I've noticed that after running memory intensive programs, namely bf2, processes that really shouldn't use much memory are using a lot more. CTHELPER.EXE, fraps.exe, ctfmon.exe and rundll32.exe all usually run on less than 4000 K each (according to task manager). But after bf2, these processes will sometimes jump to as high as 45000-50000 k. I'm kind of confused as to what's going on. Is there any way to fix this, or to limit the amount of memory these processes have access to?

Any help would be much appreciated!

Well most of those processes have something to do with the game so yeah they will jump up. Fraps in idle mode or on the windows desktop isnt getting used. When you load a game it is so that one will jump.

CTHelper..i think that has soemthing to do with the Creative drivers. Since i see you are running a Audigy. ctfmon and rundll32 are Windows processes. From what i gather ctfmon is due to Office. So it could be that it is checking for emails? rundll32 is exactly that. IT is a windows process that allows dll's to run. BF2 has a bunch that have to run so yeah that process will jump up.

There is nothing to fix. This is normal and will always happen no matter what you do. You should expect things to jump up when you load and run a gmae. It is a intensive application to run and there are many different sources that make it work that way. Limiting any one of them could hurt the game performance.

Alright, that makes sense. Except for ctfmon. I rarely use office, and I don't even have outlook installed. I tried "removing" it by microsoft's suggestions, but it doesn't look too promising. But thanks for your help!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom