Memory problems

Status
Not open for further replies.

daddy_ray

Baseband Member
When running microsoft office 2K programs i frequently run into a memory error that does not allow to me to complete specific tasks. Now, this does not occur every time, but often enough to be considered troublesome. The error i receive simply states not enough memory !!! How can this be ??? I am running 1 gb of pc3200 corsair. I have a win 98 which should not be hogging that many resources. Also, when running Imesh my sytems resources go from about 85% to about 30%. Is this normal ?? Is there anything i can configure that will make my system run better ?

Thanks, Ray

Pentium 4 2.8 ghz
DFI 865PE
1 gb PC3200 Corsair
Radeon 9200 SE
C-Media sound
19" NEC Flat CRT
Logitech Cordless Optical Mouse/Key combo
Labtech 4" woofer w/ surround
Lexmark X1150 all in one

do you get an option for details? If so, what .dll file is having a problem. More than likely the swap file needs to be deleted and recreated (cause of corruption).

There is a bug in the Office 2K programs. If you have a file over 128mb, it automatically causes a memory error. My brother had the exact same problem. They fixed this in Office 2003, however.

Thanks for the info guys. Killian when it happens again I will check the details and copy the message and submit this post again. Reverse flux that sounds like a pretty solid answer. I never experience it with smaller files. Thanks, Ray

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom