Memory Error installing XP over WIN98

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have to apolagize first. I have 3 computers, 2 of them have problems. The oldest one has the P3 processor and i have already retired that one. The One i lost the OS on, the one this thread is about, is in fact newer. I should have verified and posted the specs. The computer is a VI13L, socket 478 ATX, AGB 4X, SiS 645 chipset, P4 2.53 GHz. Sorry for my confusion. Is there a config file for this. I found a virtual memory controller config file that is currently set to something like "Let windows automatically handle this". Cna I set this to manual and specify a smaller block?
thanks,
Jeff

While it maybe newer, it still is quite old. Remember how I said P3 processors havent been produced since 2001, that is when these P4 chips were. So you are still right around that mark of life expectancy.

It probably is getting old, but i have a lot of digital photos i need to get off the hard drives on this machine. I just need to get it functioning better so i can do this. I thought it would be easy. I just need to free up some memory so i can load XP.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom