Memory Error

Status
Not open for further replies.

RicoDirenzo

Fully Optimized
The instruction at "0x0000010100" referenced memory at "0x00000000". The memory could not be "read".
This happens quite often when I am playing TF2. System does not crash but just the game. I presume this is an insuffient memory buffer issue? I have 4 gigs of OCZ DDR2 running at 900Mhz on a E8400 oc'd to 4.1 ghz and a EVgA 680i with 2 9899GT's running in SLi. System is Koolance watercooled and both cores never get above 40 degrees under full load. Windows XP Pro SP3. Thanks!

http://www.techist.com/forums/f9/decoding-stop-errors-193078/
http://www.techist.com/forums/f9/how-troubleshoot-specific-stop-errors-193301/

Please read through those topics to see the information we need in order to be able to help you. The information you gave us can be related to Driver Failure or could be a RAM issue. Without the Stop Error code we are only guessing.

No stop code at all. I get this only in TF2 and then close out the game and all is good. No BSOD. Anyone have a simlar issue wiht TF2?

This sort of thing happens with Warcraft 3 as well... But it is a different error code.... Try running Memtest 86+ for awhile and see if it does find and issues with the RAM...

No stop code at all. I get this only in TF2 and then close out the game and all is good. No BSOD. Anyone have a simlar issue wiht TF2?

I'm going to buy some new memory as I have been less than happy with the OCZ DDR2 1066. I cannot, no matter what, get it to run over 900mhz. Any sugggestions? I am not going to go to DDR3/I7 route yet as my current system runs 3DMark06 at 19210 so I would like DDR2 4 gigs in 2 gig modules. Thanks.

After considerable testing it is one of four memory slots on my Evga 680i mobo that is bad. I have a 780i but, for reasons I cannot understand, it will not OC my 8400 Wolfdale at all! I have just purchased a dirt cheap Evga 750i FTW and I hope it will be okay? I'm not planning on going to the next CPU and Mobo for q

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom