Memory Error

Status
Not open for further replies.

tedmp0816

Banned
Hi,

I built my dad a computer a while ago and when I set it up and everything it was fine. Later he started telling me that he kept getting error messages and that I had to fix it. This isn't my first time building a computer either. I checked to make sure the RAM was correctly inserted, and I made sure that the RAM I got is compatible with all the other hardware, so I know that is not the problem. I am not sure if it is something he installed or what, but this is the error message:

The instruction at "0x07afacc" referenced memory at "0x00000014". The memory could not be "read".

Something is wrong with the memory but I can't figure it out. All the programs he runs when I look into the task manager to see the mem usage, they aren't at crazy amounts or anything. There are sometimes error messages about virtual memory, so I tried to mess around with the pagefile, but had no luck. If anyone could help me out here I would truly appreciate it.

Thanks in advance.

EDIT:

One more thing I want to add is the error messages I got were from Photoshop.exe and mmc.exe. I don't know if there are others but this is what my dad showed me.

Have you tried running MemTest86 to make sure the RAM is good? That is doesnt have any erros itself?

Hi,

First of all sorry that this took so long, but I had other things to worry about at the time. I ran MemTest86 and these are the results, please help me understand what they mean and how to solve this problem, because I read if there is just one problem then the memory is bad.

I left this running oveer night and it did 27 passes. I didn't get an error until pass 21 on test 5. Failing Address: 00017180040 - 369.0MB Good: 00000410 Bad: 00000400 Err-Bits: 00000010 Count: 1. That is all the information it gave me on the error. Please help me figure out what to do.

EDIT: I kept it still running and I got the same error except it was on pass 29 but it was still test 5. Please help me.

Would I be able to exchange it for a new one? Because this computer is brand new. I bought the RAM off newegg.

just rma it and say that it malfunctioned and they'll ship one out and you'll get the computer working in less then a week and a half.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom