Memory and dell

Status
Not open for further replies.

Markus_M86

Solid State Member
OK, I have a dell inspiron 1000 laptop computer with about 256mb ram, and windows XP home. I want to purchase more memory so I can play games on my comp and it's not be so slow. If I buy a memory card with 256mb more memory will that add to my current memory making it = 512 mb, or will my memory just be 256mb? please shed some light on this. Oh if your wondering, I want to be able to play the sims 2 without the slowness.

Markus_M86 said:
OK, I have a dell inspiron 1000 laptop computer with about 256mb ram, and windows XP home. I want to purchase more memory so I can play games on my comp and it's not be so slow. If I buy a memory card with 256mb more memory will that add to my current memory making it = 512 mb, or will my memory just be 256mb? please shed some light on this. Oh if your wondering, I want to be able to play the sims 2 without the slowness.

your memory will be 512

your memory will be 512MB, but you must purchase the same kind of memory! Just like pc133 match pc133 or DDR match DDR!

also, some dell's only have one SODIMM slot, make sure you've got the space for that extra ram

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom