Media freezes my computer...help

Status
Not open for further replies.

Resqtek

Solid State Member
Everytime I try and open any type of video file in any app. IE: Media Player, Winamp, Divx player it will act like it wants to load up then freeze up my computer. It wont totally lock up but It just freezes up for a few seconds then un freezes. I noticed when I hit ctrl+alt+del and brought up the memory processes it said it was using 100% of CPU Usage.

I have currently reformatted and now I am getting this problem. Can anyone help me out?

Does it do the same thing when you try to play sound files aswell? If you can play sound files without a problem then it is probably something to do with the video card. Make sure your video drivers are properly installed and if that doesn't work then try another video card if possible.

I believe my drivers are up to date, I just installed a new vid card. My games play well, i do get sound files to play, its just the videos that screw my stuff up

Resqtek said:
I believe my drivers are up to date, I just installed a new vid card. My games play well, i do get sound files to play, its just the videos that screw my stuff up

what kind of card do you have?

uninstall that driver and head to window updates to download a ms certified driver

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom