Media Center or XP Pro

Status
Not open for further replies.

Crath

Solid State Member
Is media center edition better then xp pro for general web browsing, media (duh) and messaging?

windows xp media centre is basically for people who want to have their PC hooked up to their big screen TV, and be able to watch movies, television, off their PC.

for web browsing, MSN, watching movies on a monitor, XP professional will do fine.

if you are looking for a cheap alternative, XP Home is recommended for basic stuff like you want to do, or Linux, which is free!

I think MS rates XP Pro higher than Media Center and in a sense it is better with networking advantages.

Pro = Commercial / Business / Enthusiast

ME = Home User

Tyler1989 said:
I think MS rates XP Pro higher than Media Center and in a sense it is better with networking advantages.

ME = Home User
Yeah, I am into all the networking, modding, tuneing, etc. Just was curious about media center, thnks

I haven't used Media Center myself for more than a period of 2-3 weeks but it does seem like XP Home with added features for media. Not even Pro has these Media features though.

Tyler1989 said:

ME = Home User

I know pro is the best! home and business!

Well i think XP Pro is the best way to go. If you are truly into the Media aspect then you can always go for ZPize. It is a free application. They have a specific MCE edition XPize that does all the functions of the MCE. I have used that a few times and it is alright. Gives you the feel of MCE without having to actually install MCE.

I'm pretty sure that media center is built on top of xp pro
so basically it just is xp pro with a media program built into it

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom