Media center install

Status
Not open for further replies.

ghostnotes

Solid State Member
Just checking to see if i would be able to install media center on my pc.
I already have xp pro and server 2003 on my C: drive and was wanting to partition another section for media center.
Whwn i installed server2003 it asked me if i wanted to partition it and so i did and all went well.

Will this do the same for media center??

Thanks

Yes and no :) How do you have it partitioned currently? If you already allocated all space on your hard drive then you will need a 3rd party piece of software like partition magic to repartition the drive. You can repartition with the media center cd no problem, but you will blow out all the data in the process unless you have unallocated space.

Win2kpatcher said:
Yes and no :) How do you have it partitioned currently? If you already allocated all space on your hard drive then you will need a 3rd party piece of software like partition magic to repartition the drive. You can repartition with the media center cd no problem, but you will blow out all the data in the process unless you have unallocated space.

unless you got the bartpe bootleg dic that will add mce to any computer

I thought by checking my disk management i could tell if the rest was unallocated but i can't , unless i'm looking in the wrong place. But i figured that when server loaded, since it asked me if i wanted to add a partition that media center would do the same. What it comes down to is some of these new apps will not run without SP2 installed and totally refuse to put that on my main OS so i figured i would install media center and put all of the sp2 apps there and boot to it when i need to.

bartpe bootleg dic?????

there is an mce disc that can add mce to any computer. one part of it boot up as bart pe and delete a registry key so you can do it

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom