ME freezes on install at "Setting up Hardware"

Status
Not open for further replies.

andrena

Baseband Member
Just bought a new Dell XPS 400. Trying to configure a dual boot system. I made two partitions and am attempting to install ME on the active partition (C. The ME install gets down to about 12 minutes remaining and freezes at "setting up hardware". How do I get past this?

Already tried unplugging the keyboard and mouse during detection.....

Okay just a simple and stupid question. Why did you buy a new PC and decide to install the worst OS M$ ever made? XP and 2000 i can understand but XP and ME?

It is probably because some of the hardware used isnt recognized by the ME install. Such as USB 2.0 devices and PCI-E if your PC has it for your video card. That wasnt around when ME was released.

First of all, doing work for a Geologist who needs ME for a particular software program (just doing what the client has requested).

Now does this mean it is not possible? We are starting to think it is too much hassle.

I would have to say yes. I dont believe that they have made drivers for the software to be compatabel with ME. You best bet would be to look for a update to the app that they need to see if they have a XP compatable version.

Also you might still be able to use the software in XP in compatability mode. They have a 98/Me mode.

Right click on the .exe and go to properties. From there it has a tab for Compatability. Click the check box and then choose which Os version you want it to "emulate". I do this with some roms that i can only run in 98 compatability. I have never had a issue with it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom