Mce 2005 - Page 7 - Techist - Tech Forum

Go Back   Techist - Tech Forum > Computer Software > Microsoft Windows and Software
Click Here to Login
Closed Thread

Old 12-04-2005, 06:18 AM   #61 (permalink)
Chillin Techie

Quote:
Originally posted by Bruce
thats all ive been trying and it wont work.

when u go to add or remove windows components is there a sonic dvd listing?
I've only use sonic mydvd once. it conflict with my other burning software. I think I had to reinstall windows, I don't remember.

I can burn any dvr-ms file with it, no mpeg file though. nero and win dvd creator and I think also win dvdcopy 4, can burn dvr-ms files to dvd, although you can't do it in media center

Old 12-04-2005, 12:35 PM   #62 (permalink)
Monster Techie

Ok I uninstalled rollup 2 and it seems to be working again.
Ive made a dvd from a tv show ive recorded, and ive made a dvd slideshow, now im burning a divx file that wasnt made with mce, which is painfully slow, but it is working.
Hopefully uninstalling the rollup didn't mess with anything else.

With all due respect John, I am the head of IT and I have it on good authority. If you type "Google" into Google, you can break the Internet. So please, no one try it, even for a joke.........It's not a laughing matter. You can break the Internet.
Old 12-04-2005, 12:58 PM   #63 (permalink)
Chillin Techie

Quote:
Originally posted by Bruce
Ok I uninstalled rollup 2 and it seems to be working again.
Ive made a dvd from a tv show ive recorded, and ive made a dvd slideshow, now im burning a divx file that wasnt made with mce, which is painfully slow, but it is working.
Hopefully uninstalling the rollup didn't mess with anything else.
what's rollup?
Old 12-04-2005, 01:03 PM   #64 (permalink)
Monster Techie

from windows update, the rollup 2 patch.
With all due respect John, I am the head of IT and I have it on good authority. If you type "Google" into Google, you can break the Internet. So please, no one try it, even for a joke.........It's not a laughing matter. You can break the Internet.
Old 12-04-2005, 01:20 PM   #65 (permalink)
Monster Techie

well i had to redownload the tv guide, small price to pay i guess.Everything seems in order.
Old 12-04-2005, 02:13 PM   #66 (permalink)
Chillin Techie

that's good to hear
Old 12-04-2005, 06:18 PM   #67 (permalink)
Monster Techie

Have you checked out any of the Media Center add-ons?
Old 12-04-2005, 07:22 PM   #68 (permalink)
Chillin Techie

Quote:
Originally posted by EricB
Other Mce Goodies. DO you like the caller id that come on your computer when the phone rings?

http://rapidshare.de/files/8521348/MCE_Tools.zip.html
I posted a link with these add ons
Old 12-04-2005, 07:31 PM   #69 (permalink)
Monster Techie

Cool I'll check it out, I was playin with remote record.

The divx worked nice in the vcr, not sure why it had to resize a 650MB file to fit on a 4.7gb disc, any ideas why that is?
Old 12-04-2005, 08:55 PM   #70 (permalink)
Chillin Techie

most encoders encode to make a dvd mpeg 2 compliant file from a smaller file. that usually mean a 90 min movie fitting a 4.7 gig. these same encoders shrink a huge mpeg file to fit a dvd. wierd, huh?

tmpegenc dvd author doesn't do this, though.

Closed Thread