Mcafee! cannot remove!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

jeffries700

Baseband Member
Hiya,
trying to remove mcafee, deleted it from add/remove programs. but did not delete securite centre. tried locating it in C: Programs, i have deleted all the contents but i cannot delete the remaining two sub folders which are:

Agent

Shredder

Am trying to install a new anti virus program and not letting me do it as they say i have one installed, it sais delete the program but it just sais it cant!

why please help!

thanks
jack

Download CCleaner (located below in my signature).

It will let you selectively delete add/remove programs entries.

I have some McAfee cleaning tools that I got from McAfee after many hours of tech (non)support. Contact them and get them to send you the links for downloading all of them. There are 4 I think.

Best advice is to do it in safe mode, I'm pretty sure you can use CCleaner in safe mode or the McAfee uninstaller in safe mode.

Law said:
Best advice is to do it in safe mode, I'm pretty sure you can use CCleaner in safe mode or the McAfee uninstaller in safe mode.

Best bet id say ;)

Some things won't uninstall in safe mode. WIndows uninstaller needs services that don't come on in safe. I had to manually stop all McAfee services, then try to uninstall, then delete files/folders, then search for anything left and delete. Delete the registry keys too and the prefetch.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom