MBR corrupt or volume unbootable on RAID after restoring with Acronis True Image

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nope, doesn't see it. It only sees IDE drives on my machine (which I currently have none).

I'll look into PE again... it's been a few years since I last poked at it, and hopefully it's either gotten easier to use, or I've gotten better at working with it.

Now I see your dilemma. I keep my images on off line USB storage. The Acronis boot cd has no problems finding and restoring from USB hard drive enclosures.

Yeah, that's an option, but seeing the backup drive is only half the problem; it also has to see the array it's supposed to restore to. I'm just surprised Acronis doesn't offer a workaround...

Yeah, that's an option, but seeing the backup drive is only half the problem; it also has to see the array it's supposed to restore to. I'm just surprised Acronis doesn't offer a workaround...

Another alternative is to find a SATA controller card that has a bios that actually works. Then Acronis stands a chance of working.

I've had no problems with Acronis boot CDs with either onboard Promise or VIA raid controllers

What version of Acronis are you using?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom