maybe hd problem?

Status
Not open for further replies.

taintedplay

lolwut?
ok, so my computer is working great, and then i start installing a game. well, the computer got REAL slow, then ten min later blue screened (win xp). its alot better after the restart, buts still slower than usual. i have had a problem with harddrives dying in the past (like 3 or 4 in the last few years) so maybe thats it?

any reason why a hd would die? i defrag em and have em in open air. theres a little ventalation on em, but there sitting ontop of my desk. maybe thats why? their only warm to the touch

im not really sure on what the problem is, is there a program to diagnostic a harddrive?

they can just get old, especially if you write to them a lot. I wouldn't be suprised if it were your hdd, maybe your ram also. run memtest and someone will have a link to a hdd diagnostic link. I remember a few that were really good but don't remember the name/links.

Ok updte: it blue screened again, it said kernal stack inpage error. It now won't read the is off my HD. I unplugged all my other harddrives and a screen that says "windows could not start because of a computer disk hardware configuration problem. Could not read from the selected boot disk

any idea?

Ok so now it won't boot. After 20 seconds it just restarts. And I switched out ram. Just got a new gfx card. So maybe the mobo?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom