Maya tutorials

Status
Not open for further replies.

pc_boy

Daemon Poster
I got Maya PLE off the alias site and the tutorials all the sudden stop working, saying page cannot be displayed. I tried reinstalling and it doesn't fix the problem. Do any of you know what I can do or if you know a site I can get them from because I was in the middle of making an object. THanx:D ;)

Are you running the site threw maya? could you just use internet explorer? Did you turn up your IE security level at all? Sorry Im trying to help but seem to be coming up a little short.

THey ran fine before, I didn't change any settings. You just go to Help > Tutorials and it opens a page in Internet Explorer. THe address is something like "localhost:maya, blah balh blah" but I have IIS installed on my machine.

but the tutorial is supposed to be on my machine, because it should work without internet. I dunno. Thanks anyways.
ANy more suggestions? :D

If you have the "local" tutorials (that came with the demo) I would suggest getting new ones. It sounds like either A: you've futzed something up and need new copies, or B: you altered a web technology that the pages need to view.

You could also try clearing out your web cache.

Ok, but where could I get them back? """"It sounds like either A: you've futzed something up and need new copies,""""
????? URL ???

1. Your IIS is screwed up and needs updating.
2. You installed another application recently that's using that port.
3. Find those pages in the MAYA program folder and run them in your browser individually (instead of with the internal web application server).

If all else fails...contact Alias about the problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom