Maya Installation on W7

Status
Not open for further replies.

DELTOR

Beta member
I just bought a new laptop. An ASUS A52J with Windows 7. I downloaded the trial version of Autodesk Maya 2010 for school. Once I finish downloading I open the installer and the installation screen pops up for literally 1/4 of a second and just disappears. Checked the task manager, and no applications are running. I've tried both the 64 bit and 32 bit downloads of Maya and have the same problem. No error messages. If anyone could help me with this I would be much appreciative.

A. No need to bump your own topic less than 2 hours after posting it. Someone will assist you when they can. It is a holiday weekend. Give people time to try and help.

B. I would wager to guess that you didnt read right on the page where you input the information to get the download the requirements.

The Maya trial software is a 32-bit application available for Microsoft® Windows® XP Professional, Microsoft® Windows Vista® Business, or Apple® Mac OS® X operating systems. The 64-bit version of the Maya 2010 trial is supported on Microsoft® Windows® XP Professional x64 Edition or Microsoft® Windows Vista® Business 64-bit edition operating systems.

According to the people that make the software it isnt even compatible with Win7. So you need to contact them and find out if and when it will be compatible.

you could download windows virtual pc and xp mode for free if you have ultimate.
or virtualbox, i'm not sure if that's free though. if not, i'm sure there are free VM apps that you could use to install it on.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom