Manually update windows how i do it

Status
Not open for further replies.

IIIIIIIIIIIIIII

Baseband Member
i have XP, and i turned off automatic updating. i want to download updates, but i dont want to go through the web page that scans your computer, i just want to download a file with the updates and install them, without the internet. how i do this?

Re:

Hello,

I'm assuming that by 'without the internet' you mean without having to go to http://update.microsoft.com

As long as you have a legitimate copy of Windows XP, go into Control Panel, and set Automatic Updates to Automatic.

At the specified time, windows will automatically search for system updates, download them in the background and install them (depending on your Automatic Update preferences).

no

i said manually. if i cant explain it, well for the sake of argument:

let's say, i had two computers, and one, for certain reasons which are impossible to get into, could not access the internet, and it had to be updated wthin an hour, so buying the updates on CD was out of the question. so i need to download the updates from one computer, WITHOUT the internet reading my computer, and then putting it on disc and updating other computer.

basically, i want no information about my computer(apart from the usual data sent to any website) from my computer sent to microsoft update site, but i want to update XP. not automatically, and without the update site checking my computer.

So, basically, your comp would fail the WGA test...

Warez link is your best bet.

Trotter said:
So, basically, your comp would fail the WGA test...

Warez link is your best bet.

took the words straight out of my mouth...but still before this post gets locked you shoud google a craked version of microsoft WGA tool if you want a link PM me i wont post any warez on the forum.

jcortes said:
sounds to me like some one has a pirated copy of windows :)

^^^who doesn't?^^^

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom