Mandrake Linux Finely - Techist - Tech Forum

Go Back   Techist - Tech Forum > Computer Software > Microsoft Windows and Software
Closed Thread
Old 04-27-2003, 01:56 PM   #1 (permalink)
Monster Techie
Default Mandrake Linux Finely

I finely got mandrake linux 9,1 to install and now what.Ive got most of my things working.Printer, vid card,cable modem,I know it will take a while to get used to but what im having a problem with is my sound.I have a msi kt4 ultra with on board sound.And cant find any drivers in the mandrake setup files.I know from scanning the forum that some of you are linux freaks so thought this would be a good place to ask for guidence.where can I go to get drivers for things like sound,printers,video updates ect.ect.ect. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks Pat S.

Old 04-28-2003, 01:56 AM   #2 (permalink)
Monster Techie
Send a message via AIM to shan

Here's one link you could try. I didn't see your card on there but sometimes different cards run the same chipsets, so you could download it and see if it detects anything.

<center><h2><font color=\"red\">C:\\ Is the root of all evil</font></h2>
<hr width=\"50%\">
spam this account, it's fun.
Old 04-28-2003, 09:08 AM   #3 (permalink)
Monster Techie
Default Thanks Shan

Thanks for the link. Ive found some other links also but everything helps.Talk about different.I cant seem to install anything like wine or nvidia drivers for linux or anything. But in time Ill have it down.Thanks again Pat S.
Old 04-28-2003, 11:29 AM   #4 (permalink)
Junior Techie
Send a message via AIM to h4x0r

Getting Sound to work in Linux is pain. I got Mandrake 9.0 (DOwnloading 9.1 currently). Anyway, if u have on board, it will be a extremely hard thing to get it working. Just try going to the sound settings and chaning around (Threaded sound, ALSA and stuff) Good luck
Closed Thread