Making a XP Recovery Disk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Anorak

Solid State Member
I am working overseas and my Daughter is a single parent with two young children who use the PC for their studies.
It worries me that should the PC develop a problem my Daughter will be unable to fix the it.

What I would like to do is create a 'Recovery CD' similar to that which some manufacturers supply and put all other relevant files in a Hidden Folder on the Hard Drive. In other words make it as easy as possible for her to perform a full system recovery even to the extent of formatting the hard drive as most(?) recovery disks do.

Any help and advice will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Hi Liz

It's a PC I built myself for her. AMD 2300 (or something like that from what I remember), American Megatrends BIOS and ECS K755A MoBo.

OS WinXP SP2.

No problems right now, just me looking towards the future.

Ken

So you have the O/S yourself? And all the installed programs? What you can do is go into windows update and once it stops trying to tell you all you need , (which isn't much) go to your installation history and print that out.

I'll hunt up the link where you can go in and download SP2 as a seperate download to save (get Firefox to do this with) and then I'll hunt up the link to slipsteam XP and SP2 together. Liz

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom