making pdf file

Status
Not open for further replies.
Downloading OpenOffice.org, is absolutely ridiculous, www.download.com and type in the search field, "CutePDF", and get that. It's easy, small, and quick. You should get OpenOffice.org, it's a better version of Microsoft Office, you shouldn't get that just for the shear fact of making pdf's. Get CutePDF, it's free.

You are not serious. Open office is not better than Microsoft Office in anyway it is a GOOD ALTERNATIVE to paying but in no way is it better than MS Office as a program.

jakec said:
You like firefox, but not Openoffice? Don't be rediculous Open office Rocks compared to Word 2003

Yeah, I know that's right. Openoffice.org is the best. The probably don't l ike it because there in ability to do things on it. But u can do everything on there that you can do with Microsoft.

What can you do in Open Office that you cant do in Office 2003?

Create PDF files staight from the word processor, It has increased funtionality annd doesn't come ip with heaps of errors, why only the other day I hjad to battle with Word 2003 it wouldn't let me do what I wanted I eventually Had to copy and paste an entire document from Open office into word ( I did save the .sxw file in .doc) but word just kept frezing.This wasn't OO fault, its just the fact that Word is unstable Also I've had issiues with various other errors that word has come up with, that make absoloutly no sense.

I tried "drawing" A diagram in Word only to find out that it didn't want to put it where I wanted, so I used Open office and it did it no worries. Also I had an 18 page assignment I opened in word, it froze up, open office, it did it.

Also Open office opens almost every type of file you can think of while Word spits the dummy. Also word is very difficult when it comes to functions everything is not in A logical place 1 example off the top of my head is the fact thay in word "insert Header and footer" is in the veiw menu ......

So I'm sorry but I Just think open Office has increased fuctionallity over Word. Like it or not.

Jake

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom