making an iso file bootable

Status
Not open for further replies.

danny501

Solid State Member
i have on .iso file of an operating system. i have done this is the past with linux and nero and i never had any boot issues. however, since the file is more then 2 gig's, nero wont let me make a bootable dvd. i have magic iso and i cant figure it out. when the file burns, it wont let it load from dos, and my dvd drive is set to boot from my cd/dvd drive first and then my hard drive. however, once windows loads up, i can run the install from windows. i want to do a clean install though. if anyone can help me on this that would be great.

those didnt work. the iso burns fine...i can open the install in windows to do an upgrade...but i cant do a clean install of the new operating system. the new os is vista btw.

those didnt work. the iso burns fine...i can open the install in windows to do an upgrade...but i cant do a clean install of the new operating system. the new os is vista btw.

they do work. you just got to figure it out. if it is vista use vlite. you got to mount the image before you can import it into vlite

I guess he means mount it to a virtual drive... but I'm not sure. Is your DVD-Rom your first boot device in your Bios settings? If it's not your ISO won't boot, it will go straight to windows.

yes it is, but just to be sure, i manually select it when the computer is loading. how do i mount to a virtual drive?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom