making dvds in nerovision express

Status
Not open for further replies.

peter_ming

Baseband Member
hi all,

i'm having problem making dvds using nerovision express 3 SE in my work PC (core2duo E4200, 2.00GHz, nVidia GeForce 7100 GS), when i tried to insert an AVI file it notifies 'unable to insert e:\ ... (file name)' without any further error code

using the same nerovision express i never have this problem on my home PC (P4 2.8GHz, on board VGA VIA something), but since it takes forever doing it at home, i want to make use of my core2duo CPU to the max (rather than just for typing docs and such)

what seems to be the problem? i did a clean install of nero from the same cd installer, but still no effect, while my home PC running on so many softwares with so many registry changes can do it just fine

any help is appreciated

It could be that this option is disabled by the IT people. It could be that your dont have a codec pack installed to recognize the file.

my office doesn't have any IT people, we are our own ITs to our own PCs ;-), so counting that out it will be the codec then i think

how can I check if my home PC has the codec which my office PC doesn't? all the videos I play on my home PC are also playable on my work PC, and all i see is AVI files, how can I now if those AVI files differ one from another?

yes, i tried to convert the same file, it worked at home PC but didn't at work PC, some other files were able to get converted at work, but not all are, and those are all AVIs, so i'm a bit confuse now why some worked and some didn't. I once read somewhere in a pc mag that there is a freeware able to get you the detailed info of every codec installed in your system, but i can't find it yet among my bundles of mags, can anybody help me?

It would be the codec pack then. Cause while Windows does come with some built in codecs for avi files it all depends on the person who made the avi file which codec they used or which conversion and so on.

There are many other factors that go into what a avi file truly is. It is just the end format. It could have used the divx codec or something else to get complied which is why it wouldnt work at your work but would work at home.

thanks, i'll try checking it

if it's still doesn't work then i guess on with the old P4 (which will take forever)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom