making a bootable CD-R

Status
Not open for further replies.

perkoset

Baseband Member
Hey i was wondering what would be the easiest way to make a bootable floppy with the same functions of a win98 boot disk. I was thinking i could just copy io.sys msdos.sys and command.com over and then copy over any utilities i want scan disk etc. anyone know if this would work just like a 98 boot disk

thanks for the help!

use any burning software like Nero or Easy CD/DVD creator to make your bootCD. just read the documentation. it will simply read a boot floppy like your win98/ME startup diskette and use it to create the boot imge for the CD. you can add as many files as you want to it using mutlisession up to the maximum capacity of the CD. i think a bootDVD might be possible....

That should work, but prior to burning, you'd have to edit the CONFIG.SYS and AUTOEXEC.BAT files so that any references to A:\.. lead to D:\.. or wherever your optical drive is at... otherwise it might not load the necessary drivers.

Alternatively, booting from Win98 CDROM will function exactly the same as a bootable floppy.

But yeah, most burning software comes with a Create Bootable CD function, after which you can put whatever programs you want on it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom