Making a backup CD..

Status
Not open for further replies.

hobo_man

In Runtime
Hi, I'm trying to make a backup copy of one of the games I have. Problem is, the game has Copy protections on it(like Securom and others), and when copied, it says "please insert original CD". I've heard of programs that can bypass these things, making a good, clean copy like Alcohol 120% and CloneCD. Not really sure if it works, but could someone give me some info on how to pass these copy protections?

hobo_man said:
Hi, I'm trying to make a backup copy of one of the games I have. Problem is, the game has Copy protections on it(like Securom and others), and when copied, it says "please insert original CD". I've heard of programs that can bypass these things, making a good, clean copy like Alcohol 120% and CloneCD. Not really sure if it works, but could someone give me some info on how to pass these copy protections?

if we did that, we would go directly and not pass go to jail.

But it's NOT ILLEGAL to make a backup copy...it's illegal to distribute it.. It's perfectly fine to make as manay backup copies as I want, as long as if I don't distribute it. Also, why would people have these programs to bypass these things? Those programs are meant to help with making backup copies. They aren't just some program that a few people decided to make, it's a company-made product..Alcohol 120% and CloneCD are very well known...

We really can't talk about dubbing copy-protected software on these forums. Besides, you're already mentioning Alcohol 120% and CloneCD and you yourself are saying that they're very well known for this sort of thing. Why don't you just use them, I'm really not sure what you're asking for when you already know what software you need.

jorsoft03 said:
We really can't talk about dubbing copy-protected software on these forums. Besides, you're already mentioning Alcohol 120% and CloneCD and you yourself are saying that they're very well known for this sort of thing. Why don't you just use them, I'm really not sure what you're asking for when you already know what software you need.

C'mon guys, you all saying its not ok to tell him how to do this but we can discuss how to copy protected DVD's, copy protected music, copy XBox and PS2 games? Don't eve get me started on this subject.....

I would write it but, heres the link, what other games are you trying to copy?

http://cdmediaworld.com/hardware/cdrom/cd_protections_securom.shtml

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom