Make Win Setup-Disk that also installs applications during setup

Status
Not open for further replies.

Xenesis

Beta member
Recently I came across something called "Windows XP Black Edition 2009" which comes with host of programs that get direcly installed while one installs the OS. I found this to be quite cool!

I would also like to accomplish something similar by making my own version of WinXP and WinVISTA setup disks, which directly install applications I use frequently. Things like that save a lot of trouble and time while formatting the harddisks and seting up the pc again for full functionality. :D

Please guide me about applications that can help me achieve this, preferably freeware. Please also direct me to threads where something of such a nature may have been discussed.

Now, as I was going through the specifications of this Black Edition 2009, the developer mentioned removal of certain dlls, modifications of others, a lot of bundled drivers, etc., usually aimed at improving performance, and removing unnecessary stuff from Windows. Is it possible to extract these elements of the OS, and bundle along my own apps, and sort of create my own "jig-saw OS" ? Also, what are your opinions of these modified and removed files form Windows. Can such modifications create problems in certain operating environments?:confused:

Also, if Im not asking for much, can application's installer settings be modified while making the custom disk so that thay auto-install the way we would like the app to be manually installed?

Thank You for your patience:eek:

That type of stuff isnt discussed here cause it require a lot of hacking of the OS to get what you want done.

We do not advise on how to remove, adjust or anything like that to a Windows installation. The part of adding Drivers is wasy enough. nlite can do that. In the Read First topic entitled how to keep XP fast and stable you will find information about that. For Vista you can use vlite to make a custom install disk.

But as for how to add applications and the rest i am sorry but it requires work to be done to the OS install that we do not allow to be discussed here.

Closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom