make firefox snappier?

raverx3m

Daemon Poster
so I'm sure everyone knows how much I love IE by now...

I never actally thought to ask this question until now...

I don't hate firefox I actually tried to use it multiple times and I have it installed on all my computers BUT

I cant get used to the delay when after you click

theres a delay after you open firefox
theres a delay when you click something
theres a delay when pages are loading
theres also an issue with reendering pages is not the same as IE and I'm very used to that( I only used IE since pretty much windows 95)

help me out here

can I make firefox look and work same as IE? without the bugs obviously?
can I tweak it to lad faster and have no delays and reender pages as close to IE as possibly can?

I'm talking about the borders and lines and scroll bars and fonts
I'm slightly( or maybe more than slightly) OCD and it bothers me a lot to a point where I keep going back to IE even though is sucks *** in a lot of things

I use Fasterfox Lite. It makes it use multiple connections to speed things up.

I also use NoScript, Flashblock, and uBlock Origin to block ads and such. NoScript can be a real pain in the *** to start with because you have to give pages permission to run scripts, but once you have gave your main pages perm permissions you are pretty much set. You will be amazed at how many different connections are on some web pages.

Forget skinning Firefox (no offense, Carnage). But Firefox's main attraction for me is the ability to move elements around and customize its layout. Here's a screenie of mine.

Attachments

• Firefox 2-22.jpg
    Firefox 2-22.jpg
    118.5 KB · Views: 7
Mainly personal preference, but also for the sake of customized usability. Being able to change button placement, or adding additional buttons, or getting rid of buttons you don't want/need allows you to streamline your browser to meet your own needs and tastes.

Nothing wrong with skinning it, but it seems like a waste when you can make it so much more than a faceless browser.

if ya wanna customize- vivaldi

not sure if anybody has really attempted-- but on their website they claim "A million ways to customize everything"

GET CUSTOMIZING!

Last edited:
if ya wanna customize- vivaldi

not sure if anybody has really attempted-- but on their website they claim "A million ways to customize everything"

GET CUSTOMIZING!
I'm not old :(

Have heard good things about Vivaldi, though. Just kinda forgot about it lol.

Back
Top Bottom