Make Core Temp window not pop up every time I turn on my computer

Veraster

In Runtime
I have cpu meter installed on one of my computers. I used to use PC Meter to make the temperatures show up but it quit working. CPU Temp kept giving me an error saying "PC Meter not detected". After an hour I decided to give up and use Core Temp to make CPU Meter's temperature work.
Core temp works great and all but every time I turn my computer on, the Core temp window pops up. How do I disable to window popping up on startup without completely disabling the program? I want it to go to the taskbar on startup instead of going to the taskbar and launching the main window. I don't have time to mess with all the options and keep restarting because the computer that has this problem has a LOT of drivers and crap that make it take FOREVER to turn on. I'm just hoping someone knows how to do that in Core Temp so I don't have to spend around an hour trying everything.

Takes a split second to simply click minimize. If you have that much during startup then you probably need to disable some stuff anyways. I don't see why you would need Coretemp on boot anyways.

Yeah I guess it only takes a little less than half a second to close it. I'd have to be really lazy for this to actually be an inconvenience instead of a minor annoyance anyway lol. The reason that this computer takes so long to turn on in the first place is because it has significantly more hardware than an average computer has.

It is an Alienware M14X. I know Alienware is almost hated as much as Apple but for what I paid, I got a good deal. That laptop has a lot of hardware that requires drivers with their own little icon with control options in the system tray such as:

• Wifi, bluetooth, mobile broadband and "wireless hd display" (whatever that is) radio
  • Intel HD 4000 graphics
  • NVIDIA GeForce GT 650m
  • Multitouch Synaptics touchpad
  • Some kind of overkill soundblaster audio card with all kind of features I never use
  • Overly elaborate array of lights
I also have Intel Turbo Boost running. That doesn't really make things slower since it's probably the only program in existence that makes your computer faster instead of slower when it's run.

The startup time isn't horrid but my Pentium D E5300 on a HDD with the exact same rpm (7200rpm) goes from power off to fully started up a good minute before that i7 laptop. The bios on the Pentium D computer even has extra crap to load in the bios before booting and it still starts up quicker.

The obvious way to make that laptop go ridiculously fast without much effort would be to buy an SSD. The price is down to a reasonable 1$/GB these days, right? The problem with this is that laptops can only have one hard drive. A 120GB, 180GB or even a 256GB SSD just wouldn't quite be enough for me. On a desktop you can have many hard drives if you need them. Laptops usually only support one. I don't really want to shell out $500 for a 512GB SSD at the moment so I just deal with it lol.

You could simply uninstall all the bloat and only have it run the drivers. For performance, disable Intel HD and only run the 650m. Touchpads and audio typically don't need extra software installed to run. All the wifi and BT stuff can all go away and only use the drivers.

Intel Turbo Boost is a program that simply monitors your turbo frequency. It does nothing more because turbo is automatic to the load on your CPU. So you can take that off too.

Back
Top Bottom