Major USB Hub Issues

Status
Not open for further replies.

demonblade

Solid State Member
Ok, lets start right from the get-go I just moved my PC tower and now my USB hubs don't work. Every freaking device I have registers as malfunctioned.

I'm very tempted to reinstall Windows 7

But if that can be avoided that would be great.

Hi,

Open up your computer and check to see that all the expansion cards and connectors are connected properly.

Well to verify try hooking up the device directly to make sure that it isnt just the Hub that went bad.

That's what I'm doing, both my front panel and I/O panel USB ports don't work.

Whats odd though is my external HDD still works and so does my USB Keyboard and Mouse...

but nothing else does.

Are those connected to the front or back of the PC? The items that work.

hi I read your thread and I wanted to tell you I had similiar problem or same problem just like you did with windows 7.
I easily fixed my problem by doing this:

Right click on my computer navigate to device manager, go down to USB root connection and see if you have all exclamations on or usb ports and hubs.
If you do, I need you to uninstall the usb device alltogether and let windows 7 reinstall them properly.
You might be asked to reboot to finish repairs and installations.
Before you do what I said above make sure you don't have any usb devices connected and proceed.

@ Mak - They are on the back.

@ Mike - Everything checks man. All Green.

-- I got so frustrated I just took my old rig and I'm printing through homegroup and the other devices I'll come up with something...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom