major problems

Status
Not open for further replies.

soulafien

In Runtime
greetings and well met! ive had a computer for about 3 years.i bought a gateway 952 amd. it has a geforce 2 mxmx400 and 512 ram. a couple of months ago{i think when the 44.03 nvidia drivers came out}something went wrong. when i got the comp it had ME installed.of course i put in 98 for games.well lately it keeps messing up.when i install xp pro{my legal copy}most of the time it wont install right .the errors are random,but usually ..........something about network ,,,,,,,then sometimes xp works for about a week then has some kind of error and wont work at all........98 in now {ive probably partitioned and formatted the hard drive 50 times }still problems! games wont work!even gateway drivers having problems.....????????????after 3 months of this crap im ready to give up!if i partition and format the hard drive what is the proper install method for os and all the drivers??????????im new to the forums so please help me.........soulafien!!!!!!!!!!!!ps wich is better for games.....................98 or xpro?

i think i got it.......amd bios update!!!!!!!!!the instructions from gateway for installing it wrer wrong.thanks all for help..u guys r awesome see ya next time

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom