Major Problems!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Raziel-Zero

In Runtime
Hey guys,

Not sure if this is the right area for this post so just tell me if it isn't :).

Okay, today I decided to defragment my hard drive for the first time, so I selected it and let it do its thing while I went to watch TV.

I came back after a while ti find it was stuck in a boot loop where it would say "Windows apologizes etc.. and provide me with the options, start windows normally, safe mode, last known good configuration. None of these work it just goes back to the boot screen and starts again :(. So I inserted the Windows XP CD and attempted to run a chkdsk /p and /r on it. However when I enter the recovery console and it provides me with only one drive in the windows installation options which is

E:\MININT

I am pretty sure this is not my hard drive and I ran a chkdsk on it anyway and it did nothing.

Anyway, right now I really do not want to have to reinstall Windows unless I can get a fair few of the files I had on the HDD off there.

Please help me :D

Thanks in advance,

Raziel-Zero

Can you get into the BIOS or setup screen? If so you can find out if your HD is being found. If it can't find your HD either it has somehow come unplugged or it has died completely.

My BIOS is picking up the hard drive I am pretty sure, I went into hard drives and it shows the right ones so yeah.

Eh, I just reinstalled Windows, I hate living in Australia with a 5GB download limit though. Gonna take me so long to get everything back (including the 10 gigabytes of TV series and BF2142 and BF2 patches :()

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom