Major problem with Vista (I think)

Status
Not open for further replies.

buffer

Solid State Member
Just recieved a new Digital Storm computer running Vista and have a major problem. After setting the internet home page to my broadband cable company, Inter Expl will not connect any web page. I get the message, "Int Ex has stopped working" Detials: Appcrash, Fault Module Stack Hash_cb52.

I have been able to update Vista on line and it does not make a difference. I can even play an online game.

Also of my 5.1 logitech speakers only two speakers and the sub woof work. I have a sound card and when I try to reload the Creative software it stops half way through the process. I can not even get to the website to down load any new drivers.

My cable connection, through a cable modem with NO router, is a good one. My XP computer has no problems.

So does this sound like a Vista problem?

Thanks

well, if everything works fine except for internet explorer, I would say it's more of an IE problem. If you are stuck with internet explorer, I would try to uninstall it, and reinstall it.

What I would do though, is try FF, it's better than IE, so if it works, you're set... If it doesn't work, then well, lol, I have no idea.

No it isnt a Vista problem.

The sound issue is a problem with the Creative drivers. They are not done correctly. So you need ot make sure you have the latest web release. Also with Vista unlike XP you do not haev Direct3D sound during all operations of Vista. So you will not have 5.1 sound during the use of Vista.

Also if you are gaming then you need to BUY from Creative the ALchemy project they released, instead of bundled with their drivers, to get the Direct3D sound working in games.

Your cable connection is easy. Uninstall and then reinstall IE7. Vista has a problem with any kind of software taking over the system files. So when you installed the ISP software, which overwrote some of the system files for IE7 cause it to crash.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom