Major issues - seeking serious help!

Status
Not open for further replies.

PiLLaGe

Baseband Member
After weeks and weeks of attempting solutions, my only possible option for help is a miracle, or you guys - i'll go with the latter. I truely hope I can find someone who is interested in involving himself a very long and tedious problem which will test his/her abilities to the max because I've tried just about everything I can think of.

Ok here's the deal - About 3 weeks ago I was playing a relatively high performance game (Warcraft III) on my 2.8ghz, Ge Force Ti-4200. In the middle of a game the monitor light randomly turned orange, the screen turned black, and I was forced to reboot. After I rebooted, I was just running some simple videos on Media Player and my screen turned orange and I was forced to reboot. I then tried some other games, such as Battlefield 2 and World of Warcraft, but those turned my monitor orange as well. (Note - this has also happened while simply talking on Instant Messenger or filling in bubbles on one of my online course exams at byu.edu).

One thing that was happening when my computer rebooted was I was taken to the "send errror report" thing where I was sent to two sites; one said that it was caused by a device driver, and the other said it was caused by a graphics device driver.
I was a little confused about this. I had the latest drivers for my graphics card, my chipset ... just about everything you can think of. Then I thought to myself, "well, perhaps the latest doesn't necesarily mean the best." So, I went to the nVidia website and downloaded some old drivers .. but my computer crashed with those as well.

At this point I was convinced my grahpics card had somehow broken! So, I took out my nVidia FX-5600 but I still received the same problem. What did I do? I put in my FX-5200 but I still received the same problems. At this point I was running low on options. I took out my current DDR400 PC-3200 RAM and put in my PC-2100 RAM but the same thing happened. I was out of options, and a friend of mine suggested flashing my BIOS, which I just did and that didn't work as well. SO, I'm out of ideas and I'll be checking the forums every minute for any responses.
My AIM is: SCrazee PuNNaNi
My MSN is: Pillagez@hotmail.com

Please help!!

Is anything on your pc overclocked?

Did this start happening after any install of games, programs, updates, device drivers, etc?

When you took out your video card for the older one, did you delete the drivers for the old one?

Have you tried using the drivers that came with the cd?

Have you tried taking your pc apart and using only the bare essentials?

You might have a conflict of some sort.

Did you check your msconfig for something in the start tab that could also be using the card for some reason and if so did you disable everything in there, if not then do so.

Warez Monster said:
Is anything on your pc overclocked?

Did this start happening after any install of games, programs, updates, device drivers, etc?

When you took out your video card for the older one, did you delete the drivers for the old one?

Have you tried using the drivers that came with the cd?

Have you tried taking your pc apart and using only the bare essentials?

You might have a conflict of some sort.

Did you check your msconfig for something in the start tab that could also be using the card for some reason and if so did you disable everything in there, if not then do so.

Nothing on my PC is overclocked. I"ve reset my BIOS to default, and flashed it as well.

I recently reformated my computer. The only things I installed before I got the black screen was my windows updates, my network card driver, and a game which I've never had conflicts with before.

Taking my PC appart and using the barebone essentials? Like, what?

"Did you check your msconfig for something in the start tab that could also be using the card for some reason and if so did you disable everything in there, if not then do so." How do I check this? Keep in mind I recently reformatted. Nevertheless, how do I do this?

While I wait for a reply, I'll go install the drivers that came with my graphics card.

Bare essentials as in:

you have 2 sticks of memory, use one stick, then if you still have the problem use just the other, etc

Do you have onboard Video?

I don't know what onboard video is. And I own three sticks of memory.

(2) PC3200
(1) PC2100

I've tried using every possible combination. It doesn't work, as well as one at a time. It doesn't help. Perhaps we could chat on AIM, or here ... whatever your preference.

i'm not sure but i kinda sounds to me that ACPI is messed up. check your power settings in Windows under Display Properties, Screensaver and disable all the "suspend after x minutes" and "turn off after x minutes" etc.

also try another monitor. or another mnitor cable (if it's not attached to the monitor)

use only MS certifed nvidia drivers 66.93 or 77.77. people have been having issues with other driver version

is it rebooting or shuting off, does the computer remain powered on and the monitor just goes off??? Try this, rt click my computer, goto properties, advanced, startup and recovery, and where the system failure section is remove the check for automatically restart and see if you get an error on restart. Also, what kind of power supply (watts), you updated the MBD chipset, also disable advanced pwer mngmt in the bios. May want to check event viewer and see what errors popped up around the time this happens, if any show. Post them all here (event viewer AND and error msg after removing auto restart).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom