Major help needed, please.

Status
Not open for further replies.

SkyHi

Daemon Poster
Okay, I have quite a huge issue. I canÂ’t seem to install anything from a CD. IÂ’m not sure exactly on how to describe this, as every program has its own error numbers. I can look on a CD, and I can open like, text documents and the such, but I canÂ’t install anything. I believe that I have a compression issue, but I donÂ’t know where to go after that. I really donÂ’t know what to google for, but IÂ’ll still be trying after this post. I can download programs, and install them from the computer, so what IÂ’m thinking is (well, itÂ’s pretty obvious?), is that I have a CD -> HD compression/uncompressing issue. If anyone could help, thatÂ’d be great. For an example, when I tried to install SP2, I got an error that the files were corrupt, yet when I put the CD in my laptop, it was fine. What I ended up doing there, was using the exe on the disc to extract the files to a temporary folder, then I ended the process, and took the files to my desktop, where I installed it from, since it was on the HD. So, does anyone know of anything even RELATED to this issue? I beg for your help :( Also, I can copy any files I want from a CD. I've tried everything I can think of.

-SkyHi

Hrm, I just was fiddling around with things, and I can take any info off a CD, but not install, as I said before, but, I also cannot install from the hard drive. I can copy the install from a CD, any CD, and then try to install, and I get errors! I try this with a few different programs, as well as SP2.

-SkyHi

It sounds like your cddrive has gone out. If it hasn't, you may have a bad sector on your hard drive, which could be corrupting your cd reader ability. (I doubt the second one :))
Also, try cleaning your cd drive out once in a while, may help.

Red Fox said:
Switching to linux should cure your problem.

Probably, from my post, you could incline to assume I'm not looking to switch, but rather to find a cure.

-SkyHi

Linux is the cure to your problem. Switch now. It's free.

Besides, this is a typical response you would offer up to any random issue on this board, so I'm just trying to emulate ya.
Such as "my hotmail doesn't work" your reply .. switch to gmail ..

helpful, isn't it.

Are you still reading this? Go on, do it now. Join the dark side ...

Have you tried getting new drivers, in case the old ones have become corrupt?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom