Mail...what mail?!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jv5beta

Beta member
We run a Lotus Domino server [emlsrv1] which receives our e-mail via a pop program called PopWeasel. Currently, PopWeasel is installed on the e-mail server and configured to download all pop mail and deliver it to another server [scnsrv1] for scanning, where after the scanning is complete, the mail gets forwarded back to the e-mail server [emlsrv1] and gets delivered to the client. In PopWeaselÂ’s configuration tab you have a field where you specify the mail server address for delivery after the mail have been received, which is at this stage the address of the server that does the scanning [scnsrv1]. I would like to change this configuration to deliver directly to the e-mail server [emlsrv1] and skip the scanning process completely. Now one would think that you just change the address in the configuration to the address of the e-mail server, the same PC on which this software is running, apparently not. When I do this my mail just disappears, gone from existence, nothing there, nada. The PopWeasel log shows the collection but nothing gets delivered. IÂ’m thinking that my Lotus Domino server is in some way configured to wait for requests from my scanning server where the mail is being received from at this stage, and that it's specifically configured to receive mail from only that server. ItÂ’s mere speculation however because I do not really know anything about the Domino server. Only just started working with it. Do any of you have any idea as to where my mail is going and why the Domino server is not receiving the mail even with the pop program configured to deliver to that address? Any comments would be appreciated. Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom