magic dissapearing files!

Status
Not open for further replies.

jaross

Baseband Member
im pretty ****ed off. I mean in all that I have gone through with windows I have never had something like this happen. I went to my itunes music folder to put Immortal Technique on an MP3 cd.

First of all, my computer wont copy it to the temp folder in order to make a cd.

second, I realized that anything after "I" in my itunes folder was gone. If I go into itunes and click show song file, it will show up in a folder, and itunes plays all the songs that are by artists that start with anything after "I" but my computer doesnt show me them. I have not restarted my computer in a while because it had some stupid issue with my desplay and feels like it need to do diagnostics every time. so im afraid to restart. I really dont want to loose my music, thats why I got a second hard drive and it is on that one, and windows is installed on the first one.

any help? should I just suck it up and restart?

brady said:
Did you download the Mp3's from the Itunes Music store?

AND... Are you in ANY way affiliated with "raross"?
nope and nope!

what is raross?

I have about 58 Gigs of mp3s and I really dont want them lost. Like I said I can still get to them, but not the way I should be able to.

Ok so... You are trying to take the Mp3 files out of the "Hidden" ipod folder within the actual Ipod itself?

Are you then moving them into another folder so you can burn them?

brady said:
Ok so... You are trying to take the Mp3 files out of the "Hidden" ipod folder within the actual Ipod itself?

Are you then moving them into another folder so you can burn them?

no ipod is envolved. I had 60 gigs of music, now half the files and folders are missing and it is a mess and in no order!

the HDD it is on was refurb. itunes ver 4.5 because anything higher sucks ***.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom