Mac vs PC persuassive speech, help?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Drizzt

Fully Optimized
I'm doing a persuasive speech for a class, Mac vs PC (in favor of PC).
I do not feel strongly about the topic. So I won't be offended by any logical and reasonable arguments and stuff like that for either side.

Would some people here like to give me opinions, facts, and other information on this topic so I could improve my speech. This will also help me during the Q&A. Thanks in advance, I'll keep refreshing for a few hours in hope that I get some responses.

What are your main points as to why a pc is better and we can try to pick them apart.

See where you may get questioned so you are better prepared.

For instance you will get the infamous Mac's are better because they can not get Windows viruses.

What would your comeback for that be?

Mac OSX is based on BSD which does have certain features that make it less vulnerable to viruses and such than Windows is (OS X doesn't have a registry, for instance, and it doesn't leave as many sockets open). However Macs are still vulnerable to many different avenues of attack, and they have many unresolved remote holes. Also as Mac's grow in popularity, viruses will become a reality.
In addition for windows there are many good free options for anti virus, such as AVG and avast. If your only concern is viruses, free Linux distributions could be another option although they aren't as user friendly as Windows or Mac.

Probably something like that but shorter.

Nice. I always like the why do bank robbers rob banks? That is where the money is.
Why do virus writers write more Windows viruses? That is where the users are.

OSX is much more user friendly and does a better job than windows with media files.

Gaming is vastly superior on a Mac. ;)

Threw a little wink at you. Take a peek at my sig to see what I use for gaming.

The other question was serious.

OSX is much more user friendly and does a better job than windows with media files.
First part is a matter of opinion, it depends on the user and if they grew up with windows like most users (my target audience did at school no doubt) then they should be fine with windows. Media is the biggest reason to get a Mac imo, but unless you have a career in it I don't see why my target audience can't get by with fine programs like Adobe Premier and Sony Vegas. Photoshop is on both platforms as well. Paying that premium for the right to use a select few programs that you need to buy afterwards like final cut pro, is not cost effective.

If you are pro pc do not say "Media is the biggest reason to get a Mac imo" even though you are correct it makes your position look weak. Be stronger do not say they "should" be fine say the "will" be fine.

Focus on all of the programs that run on a PC as to why you would not need a mac.

I always love how every production art room I have ever been in is all Mac's except for the one PC so they can convert files for all the PC users out there.

But the airbook is so much better looking than any pc laptop.
plus it matches my pretty pony stickers I want to put on.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom