MAC OS X .dmg on XP

Status
Not open for further replies.

cnico88

In Runtime
Ok, so I am working on installing Adobe lightroom (A beta version that comes only for MAC OS X in a .dmg format) on my Windows XP machine. Some people got it to work with programs like MacDrive and UltraISO. I tried those but all I got is an error when I mount it with Daemon tools. Is there anyway I can make my PC read those MAC files? I know is possible since some people did i, but not sure how. Thanks for your help.

Your best bet is to ask the people that did it. Mac apps are not made to run antiavely on PC's and can cause a serious system crash.

The people that did it are on some really cheap forum, and they posted once but they won't respond to the thread since they abandoned it, and like I said it's really cheap, can't get their email address or anything

I've never heard of a DMG file working on a PC. Maybe they had some type of emulator or something? Or you know for a fact they got this working within the XP OS? Meaning they could double click on a shortcut to launch the program and it would launch in XP? or it would launch from XP but within the Emulator? I dont see how XP would ever recognize the DMG format and even at that the Mac specific files once the DMG was mounted...please let us know if you find out :)

I got it to work, just used some ISO program and converted it into and ISO then just mount it in Daemon Tools

*I think the program was UltraISO

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom