Mac OS on PC

Status
Not open for further replies.

jcortes

Fully Optimized
i was just thinking now that all the macs are using intel processors is it possible to run mac os on a pc. now for the record i hate mac with a passion its to user friendly and after using the OS for quite some time it annoyed me so much that i switched back but im just trying to defend the pc honor lol because every one is always saying but you can run windows on macs blah blah blah. so can you run mac os on pc's?

Every time this is asked (once every 2 weeks or so), the thread gets locked. I don't know why, i guess MS hates Mac?

No, you can't. It's something to do with the EULA License agreement (I think that's it), you might as well not ask, or got to a Computer chat.

well you can and its legal. there is a power pc emulatoin program out there called pearpc, i used to use it and it was fun to run tiger on my AMD. as long as you own the copy of Mac OS i think its perfectly legal. as for locking the thread i think the mods are just being careful and making sure you dont try to do something illegal.

BTW ist not the fun. after using OSX for a few months i got tired of it. there isnt anything that OSX can do that windows cant. i feel more comfortable with 2 mouse buttons anyway.

zmatt said:
well you can and its legal. there is a power pc emulatoin program out there called pearpc, i used to use it and it was fun to run tiger on my AMD. as long as you own the copy of Mac OS i think its perfectly legal. as for locking the thread i think the mods are just being careful and making sure you dont try to do something illegal.

BTW ist not the fun. after using OSX for a few months i got tired of it. there isnt anything that OSX can do that windows cant. i feel more comfortable with 2 mouse buttons anyway.

that is exactly how i feel. once you go mac you always go back. i hate it hahaha. and i completely agree with the fact that anything mac os can do windows can too.

"Microsoftness... So cuddily and cute n' sh!t!!!1! :mad:...."

zmatt said:
You also need to download a Mac ROM from the firmware, so you would need to have a Mac anyway if you want to use a PowerPC version of OS X.

PearPC only emulates the PowerPC version of a Mac, not the x86 version. :cool:

It is legal to emulate since you need a mac and anyways Mac OS 7.x and lower have been released as freeware by Apple a few years back.
Last time I posted how to do it the thread got locked and moved to the mods' forum and I got a PM from Law...

oh well i feel windows is much better anyways. its just every one is so idiotic now and does whatever the TV says with these new mac commercials. its amazing how gullible every one is.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom